Air Canada is the Official Canadian Airline for ISAE 2018 and is offering discounted fares to Charlottetown for travel to the conference during the period Monday July 23rd and Friday August 10th 2018.
- No discount will apply to Tango bookings for travel within Canada or between Canada and the U.S.
- For International travel (destinations outside North America), discounts apply to all fares including Tango.
- To take advantage of the discounted fares, event delegates must book their flight at aircanada.com and enter the following Promotion Code in the promotion box 8HRY6W61.
- There are no international flights directly to Charlottetown. You will need to fly to Halifax, Toronto or Montreal and then take an internal connecting flight to Charlottetown.
- Alternatively, you could fly to Halifax and travel by road (car or public transport) to Charlottetown (see below). Please note that departure times for the bus from Halifax airport are limited and advanced booking is recommended.
1. Charlottetown airport
SUMMER TRAVEL ADVISORY
Due to the increased number of passengers using the airport during August there can be delays when checking in baggage and going through security screening. If you are travelling in the early morning (before 08.00 h) or early evening (18.00 to 20.00 h) you are advised to arrive at Charlottetown airport 2 hours before your departure time. If you do not have luggage to check-in the problem is not as great, but there can be long lines to get through security.
- Charlottetown airport is 6 km away from the campus. It is a small airport with limited facilities. There is an ATM machine in the arrivals area. It is the most convenient way of travelling to PEI. However, flights are limited and it is advisable to book as early as possible. Otherwise, the flight will be fully booked or very expensive.
- Taxi from the airport
- A taxi from the airport to the campus costs $16 for 1 person and $5 for each additional person.
- It takes about 10 minutes.
- Taxis are usually just outside of the arrival area. If not, there is a free telephone in the arrival area.
- Car rental
2. Halifax Stanfield International Airport
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport, Nova Scotia is 295 km (about 3 h drive) from Charlottetown. This is a major hub airport with flights to and from main cities within Canada and international destinations.
- Main Airlines
Travel options from Halifax airport to Charlottetown, PEI
- Air Canada flight
- Please note that the only public transport from Halifax airport to Charlottetown PEI is via Maritime Bus. If your flight does not arrive in time to catch the last bus you will either need to hire a car, fly or spend the night in a hotel near Halifax airport and travel the next day.
- Maritime bus
- To Charlottetown UPEI WA Murphy Centre (The main Charlottetown drop-off point is at the Maritime Bus Terminal, 7 Mt. Edward Rd)
- Please check for up to date information, but at the time of entering this information there are departures at 8.00 h, 12.40 h and 16.50 h
- Duration about 5 h with a transfer to another bus on-route
- Tickets – Online or Ground Transportation Services Booth near the Arrivals Exit
- Pickup Location: Maritime Bus – Glass Bus Shelter located to the right when departing through the Arrivals Exit, beyond the Hotel Shuttles.
The island is linked to New Brunswick in mainland Canada via a 13 km toll bridge
A regular ferry service operates between Caribou, Nova Scotia and Wood Islands, Prince Edward Island. The journey lasts 75 minutes, but is only suitable for vehicle use. There are no public transport connections.
Maritime bus operates a limited schedule of services to Charlottetown, PEI, but this must be booked in advance. There are bus connections to train services in Moncton, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Fly to Charlottetown and book early.
For further information or advice please contact the organisers.