ISAE Congress Attendance Fund
Congress Attendance Fund
The ISAE has developed a Congress Attendance Fund (CAF) to cover the registration fees of some ISAE members for the annual International Congress. The fund will be no less than £2 000, which will be allocated to needy ISAE members to contribute toward the Congress registration fee or accommodation (but not usually travel).
To be eligible, the applicant must be a member of the ISAE before submitting their application. The applicant must have submitted an abstract, and money will only be allocated if their presentation is accepted. Applications for funding will be reviewed by the CAF Committee and will be prioritized on the basis of financial need and quality of the abstract. Researchers and students from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply for this support. Please note that support from the CAF to any one person is limited to once in any 5-year period – if you have received funding in the last 5 years, please do not apply.
The application must contain all of the following information:
- Name of applicant
- Postal and email address (or fax number)
- The year the applicant became a member of the ISAE
- Status of applicant (e.g. student, active researcher, unemployed researcher, etc.)
- A full justification explaining why the applicant should be given an award. There is no fixed format for this justification, as reasons will vary between applicants, but if no justification is given, the application will not be considered.
- A budget for attending the Congress, including a statement of which part(s) is requested from ISAE and whether other funding is available to cover parts not funded by ISAE
The application itself must not be more than one A4 page. It must be accompanied by a short CV, including a list of publications and/or presentations by the applicant (including local and regional meetings) and a copy of the abstract submitted for the Congress.
Applications are due 5 March 2018 and should be sent to Birte L Nielsen email@example.com). Successful applicants will be notified immediately following acceptance of Congress abstracts. For more information, download information from the ISAE Procedural Guidelines below:
HSI ISAE 2018 Travel Awards
For the past seventeen years, the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and Humane Society International (HSI) has provided financial assistance for graduate students to attend the ISAE International Congress and present their research. We are pleased to be able to offer this award once again in 2018. This year, we will be accepting applications from students worldwide who have not been prior recipients of this award, and we will provide partial or full funding for approximately three graduate students to present their research at the Congress. Selection will be based on the potential impact of the students’ research toward improving farm animal welfare and on financial need.
The travel award was developed with the following objectives:
- To raise the profile of farm animal welfare as a discipline in animal and veterinary science colleges.
- To encourage students to investigate issues in farm animal welfare.
- To provide students the opportunity to attend the ISAE meeting to present their research and so they can meet with, and learn from, others who work in this discipline.
The following items are necessary for your application to be considered:
- Your name, contact information, academic institution, level of study, and the name of your advisor, along with a letter from you indicating:
– your interest in animal welfare
– your desire to attend this conference and what you hope to gain
– the relevance of your research to the advancement of farm animal welfare
– financial need
- An abstract of your research, which you would present at the International Congress. Travel awards are contingent on the acceptance of your abstract by the ISAE committee. Application for this travel award does not suggest that ISAE has received or will accept your abstract.
- Itemized list of travel expenses in US currency.
- Letter of recommendation from your major adviser.
Note: Please send all materials together in one pdf or Word document (except, the letter of recommendation may be separate), and include your name on all pages. Deadline for submission is March 7, 2018. Applications should be sent to Dr Sara Shields at ISAE.Awards@hsi.org.