Conference excursions will take place during the afternoon and evening of Wednesday August 1st .
Excursions must be booked separately and in advance with Prince Edward Tours
- Dairy farm
- North Shore and National Park
- Sea Kayaking in Rustico Bay
- Island Drive and Anne of Green Gables
- Travel directly to lobster supper/vegan stir fry
All tours will conclude with a lobster supper/vegan stir fry in the evening
The conference sessions will finish at 13.00h and a box lunch will be provided.
Coaches will leave for the excursions at 14.00 h (the shuttle directly to the lobster supper will leave at 17.00 h) from the bus stop located outside of the W.A. Murphy Student Centre near the University Avenue entrance to the UPEI campus and will return at about 20.00 h.
- Prince Edward Tours are organising the excursions for ISAE 2018
- They will collect your payment, send you confirmation directly and organise each of the excursions on the day.
- The only form of payment accepted is by credit card.
- All tours will include a lobster supper/vegan stir fry in the evening (details below).
- All tours will require a minimum number of people to book on the tour. If the tour is cancelled you will receive a full refund from Prince Edward Tours.
To book an excursion please click on the link below to an external site run by Prince Edward Tours (Coach Atlantic Transportation Group)
Guidance on booking a tour on the Prince Edward Tours website
- Select the tour that you wish to book by clicking the Book Now button
- Then select the number of tickets that you wish to book
- The price of the tickets will then be indicated
- To book select Add to Cart
- Then select your meal preference (menu details below)
- The final page will indicate the total amount to pay
Enter your details and credit card information
- For those who book early, there are a limited number of $50 student discounts available for the excursions
- To apply a student discount you will need to enter the Promo Code wording STUDENTDISC in the Promo Code box during the payment process
There are 5 options for the excursions
|1. Dairy Farm|
$142.60 including tax
With student discount $85.10 including tax
|Minimum booking of 20 people|
|Departing from UPEI at 2 pm our journey begins at Jewell Dale Farm this third generation farm owned and operated by the Jewell Family. The farm consists of 220 head of dairy cattle and farms roughly 1000 acres, both owned and rented. The farm currently milks 120 cows in a freestall barn constructed in 2009. The barn was designed for optimal health and comfort of the cows. The majority of feed for the herd is produced on the farm. The farm strives for high production while maintaining high milk quality. The farm was recognized last year by a national milk recording agency for having the top management index for dairy herds in Prince Edward Island. Then it is time for dinner and no visit to Prince Edward Island is complete without a visit to World Famous Fisherman’s Wharf Lobster Supper|
|2. North Shore and National Park|
$132.25 including tax
With student discount $74.75 including tax
|Minimum booking of 20 people
Departing UPEI at 2 pm to view rolling farmlands, stunning seascapes, tiny villages and bustling harbours along the North Shore area. Brief photo stops at quaint little fishing villages, lighthouses and the world class – Cavendish Beach. We will visit one of Prince Edward Island’s National Park beaches in the company of a National Park Interpreter and learn about the environment, wildlife and plants. There will be opportunities for hiking and swimming. Disembark the vehicle to capture the perfect pictures at Dalvay by the Sea, a summer resort hotel since the 1930’s and Covehead Lighthouse, located at the east end of Prince Edward Island’s National Park. Then its time for dinner and no visit to Prince Edward Island is complete without a visit to World Famous Fisherman’s Wharf Lobster Supper
|3. Sea kayaking in Rustico Bay|
$180.55 including tax
With student discount $123.05 including tax
|Minimum booking of 10 people
Maximum booking of 20 people
|2 pm departure from UPEI and enjoy our exploratory tour in the sheltered waters of Rustico Bay. We’ll paddle along sandbars where you’ll see many shorebirds (maybe an Osprey or Bald Eagle) and go out to the mussel farms and the fishing harbour. Your excursion will begin with an introductory session on land, followed by a leisurely paddle around our scenic bay. You’ll have more than enough time to sample homemade Island jams and walk the gardens of the Prince Edward Island Preserve Co. and stroll the paths overlooking the beautiful sandy beaches of our Island. Then it is time for dinner and no visit to Prince Edward Island is complete without a visit to World Famous Fisherman’s Wharf Lobster Supper
|4. Island Drive and Anne of Green Gables|
$141.45 including tax
With student discount $83.95 including tax
|Minimum booking of 20 people|
|2 pm departing UPEI to view rolling farmlands, stunning seascapes, tiny villages and bustling harbours along the Green Gables Shore (scenic drive) as we get ready to tour the North Shore area. Brief photo stops at quaint little fishing villages, and the world class – Cavendish Beach. Tour Green Gables House: this old farm site inspired L.M. Montgomery’s first novel, Anne of Green Gables published in 1908. Then its time for dinner and no visit to Prince Edward Island is complete without a visit to World Famous Fisherman’s Wharf Lobster Supper|
|5. Lobster Supper Shuttle|
|$88.55 including tax
With student discount $31.05 including tax
|Minimum booking of 20 people|
|5 pm depart UPEI. Not enough time to tour our beautiful island but still want to enjoy dinner with your conference friends? Come aboard our shuttle bus and we will take you to dinner at Fisherman’s Wharf, North Rustico. No visit to Prince Edward Island is complete without a visit to World Famous Fisherman’s Wharf Lobster Supper|
World Famous Fisherman’s Wharf Lobster Supper
- Located in the scenic fishing village of North Rustico
- A lobster supper is a must when visiting PEI
- PEI is famous for seafood and potatoes
- Options will also be available for vegans, vegetarians and non-seafood consumers
all you can eat
|60ft Salad Bar, including, fresh vegetables, mixed pasta salads, potato salads, homemade hummus and Tabbouleh, bean salads and fresh fruit|
Main course: options
|1lb Lobster served with hot melted butter and lemon||Whole breaded Atlantic Scallops served with in-house tartar sauce and choice of PEI Baked Potato or Fries||¼ Rotisserie Style Chicken served with choice of PEI Baked Potato or Fries||Maple Garlic Ginger Vegan Stir-fry
Garlic, ginger, soya sauce and maple syrup sauce with seasonal vegetables served over a bed of white rice. (Ingredients in sauce: cloves garlic, fresh ginger, Maple syrup, soy sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, canola oil)
|Drinks||Coffee and tea|
For further information or advice please contact the organisers.