The Maritime provinces consist of
Together with Newfoundland and Labrador they form the region of Atlantic Canada.
The region is an attractive location for combining a vacation with conference attendance
In addition to the attractions on the Island e.g. PEI National Park, scenic costal drives, cycling trails, golf etc, the surrounding provinces are well worth a visit.
There are four terrific National Parks that can be reached within a day’s drive of Charlottetown.
- Fundy National Park, New Brunswick
- Kouchibouguac National Park, New Brunswick
- Cape Breton Highlands National Park, Nova Scotia
- Kejimkujik National Park, Nova Scotia
Also within the same distance, there are opportunities to
- watch wildlife, including whales (in the Bay of Fundy and off the coast of Nova Scotia), moose, turtles and other reptiles, and frogs, and
- see unique landscape features, e.g. Bay of Fundy.